10 Questions to Ask When Hiring a SQL Server DBA
April 24, 2023
- What is your experience with SQL Server? Can you discuss any particularly challenging projects you have worked on in the past?
- What steps do you take to optimize SQL Server performance? How do you identify and resolve performance issues?
- Can you explain your experience with database backup and recovery? What backup and recovery strategies do you typically use?
- How do you ensure data integrity in SQL Server? What tools and techniques do you use to prevent data corruption?
- Can you discuss your experience with database security and access control? What measures do you take to protect SQL Server data?
- Have you worked with SQL Server clustering? Can you describe your experience with configuring and maintaining clustered environments?
- How do you monitor and troubleshoot SQL Server issues? What tools and techniques do you use to identify and resolve problems?
- Can you explain your experience with database replication? What replication technologies have you used and what challenges have you faced?
- Have you worked with SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)? Can you describe your experience with designing and implementing SSIS packages?
- What experience do you have with SQL Server high availability technologies, such as AlwaysOn Availability Groups or Failover Cluster Instances? Can you describe your experience with configuring and maintaining these technologies?